Monday, April 14, 2008

Today Was A Good Day

As I sit here, huntin' and peckin' away at my keyboard and swiggin' a Stella Artois, I must declare that today was a good day.

It all started during my morning commute. Before my car barely warmed up, I saw parked on the side of the road an excellent green Land Rover Series 1. It had just enough patina to show its character and age but looked very well taken care of.


As I pulled into my office parking lot, I saw another beauty: a 1973 signal yellow Porsche RS. Though this one was in concours shape, it was parallel parked in front of a dentist's office.

Imagine this, but shinier, in bright yellow, and under a deep blue California spring morning sky

Then, I learned the publication of my first tip on jalopnik. It was inspired by my recent piece on The Duel. The best part was that it was the most commented-on piece of the day on the popular blog (140 comments compared to 66 for the second most commented-on piece).

To top it off, at work, I did what would normally take me three days in a six hour blitzkrieg session.

Today was a good day, although not as good as the one Ice Cube had back in 1993.



CKY

No comments: