Sunday, May 16, 2010

2010 Marin Sonoma Concours photos

The second annual Marin Sonoma Concours was well attended (almost a bit too crowded) and had something for everyone.  My only disappointment was that there was only one French car, a Citroen 2CV Charleston.

Bentley Continental R.

Mercedes 450 SLC 5.0.  1 of 1,636.  It came with an aluminum engine, doors, trunk lid, and hood.

Audi ur-Quattro (for sale for $16,000) with Chrysler 300C and Lincoln in the background.  Every 35 to 42 year old male there was gawking at the Audi.



VW Wolfsburg 1.

VW Wolfsburg 2.

VW Wolfsburg 3.

Aston Martin Rapide.  This is the first one I've seen in the flesh.  It just looks like a stretched Aston Martin coupe.  The doors swing out and up at an angle.  Kinda odd.  Still very cool looking though.

Mercedes SLS AMG interior.  This is also the first time I've seen a real life SLS.  It is huge.  Talk about model bloat (vis-a-vis the original Gullwing).


I'm not a huge fan of pre-war American cars, but these hood ornaments are pieces of art by themselves.  This is a Pierce-Arrow.


Packard swan.

Cadillac.

Lincoln.

Another first for me-- a Bizzarrini.  

Corvette engine in the Bizzarrini.


Morgan Super Sports JAP.

Bugatti Type 39A.

Obligatory Bugatti shot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, wonderful.

If ever asked the question, which is the most beautiful car in the world in my opinion, my answer will be that Bizzarrini.

And, knowing car-nerds like us, I really have thought about it.

Etienne

Maxichamp said...

Etienne,

My biggest regret: Lexus had a display next to the SLS AMG. I just assumed they were a bunch of regular new Lexuses. Nothing exciting. After I left, I learned that the new LFA was there. D'oh!

Unknown said...

Wow. I'm a huge fan of pre-war American models so I'd like to thank you for those pics. The Aston Martin was also very choice. Make's my car look like a 10 year old New York taxi cab by comparison.

Maxichamp said...

@John. My pleasure. The art deco-ness of some of the pre-war cars astounds me. You may also enjoy this.

http://karakullake.blogspot.com/2010/08/mullin-automotive-museum-review-part-1.html