Sunday, June 12, 2011

Best. Race. Ever.

I may be a bit biased, but today's Canada GP was spectacular. We sat through more than a handful of safety car periods and over two hours of monsoon like rain. Just when we thought Schumacher was going to score a podium finish, Button comes out of nowhere. And on the last lap, the almost perfect Vettel makes an error, right in front of my eyes at Grandstand 33. And Button wins!

Like a groupie, I hang out in front of the Renault garage, watching the crew pack up. And who shows his face? Nick Heidfeld. I even have a conversation with him, albeit one way.

What a wonderful, wet, day!

4 comments:

F1Outsider said...

I can't be happier for you. Biased or not, you're not overstating it by much. The wife and I were standing up screaming and clapping edging Button on to make the pass. It was an amazing race! We hadn't screamed at the tv like that since Felipe Massa almost took the championship in Brazil 08.

Did you get any carbon fiber souvenirs? There must have been of that lying around with all the SC periods.

I'm looking forward to read more of your accounts from Montreal.

Tarlan said...

Congratulations, you have been on the best race in last 10 years! I was screaming like mad an all last lap at 2-30 AM in Baku time!

Leila said...

For sure one of the best races ever. Lucky you! Hope we can meet you next year in Texas. F1 Outsider's wife.

Maxichamp said...

@Leila: Ha, F1O is making you read my blog! I'm excited about next year too. I hope it won't be too hot in Texas.