Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Eating the Globe: Lebanon


I had to run an errand in Emeryville (home of Pixar) today so I stopped by my favorite Mediterranean place for lunch. Wally's! (I suspect that the movie Wall-E is named after this place.)

I always get the same thing. But rumor has it the Lebanese owner's wife is Puerto Rican and they have tamales if you ask for it. The only condiment on the U-shaped counter (there are no tables) is Sriracha.

I always get the lamb kebab platter. It comes with a nicely spiced lentil soup.


Everything is perfect. I hate vegetables, and even I like their vinaigrette dressing-ed salad.


Plus, you get a piece of homemade baklava at the end of your meal. The honey and pistachios are irresistible.


Note that the place is cash only. The restaurant is connected to a bar that has cheap drinks and an ATM machine.

Countries tried so far:
Asia: Burma, China, India, Japan, Lebanon, Philippines, South Korea
Europe: Italy, Sweden
North America: Mexico, USA

No comments: