Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Eating the Globe: Cambodia


I usually don't like restaurants that specialize in two cuisines. That's why I wouldn't normally go to a place called Thaibodia. It's half Thai, half Cambodian. But today, I was in an unfamiliar place, was hungry, and in a hurry. 

This is the "Spicy Garlic Butter Sauce with Rock Cod" that I had for lunch. It's potatoes, corn kernels, and cod in a red, smoky sauce. I can't tell how authentic it is. I've never associated Cambodia with potatoes and corn. The sauce almost had a Mexican flavor.

Countries tried so far:
Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Morocco, Nigeria, Somalia, South Africa
Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Burma, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam, Yemen
Europe: Bosnia, Czechia, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden
North America: Canada, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago, USA
South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Venezuela
Oceania: Australia, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga

1 comment:

Lukas said...

Based on my time in Cambodia, Amok is what you are after. I never saw this dish there.